Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Luke's new album release


Alright, so for this first post I’ve decided to write about one of the biggest names in country music right now, and what I think to be the most anticipated album release of the summer, if not the year. I’m talking about Luke Bryan and his album Crash My Party, set to hit stores the 13th of August.  This will be Luke’s 4th studio album, not including his spring break one. Luke has propelled himself to the top of the charts and stardom within the country music industry and keeps producing hit after hit.

Accompanied by a wiz of writers, including Jeff Stevens and Dallas Davidson, this album is sure to be full of hits. After watching a YouTube video “Crashing the Party: Behind the scenes of Luke Bryan’s New Album”, Luke explains the variety of songs that we can expect to hear on the new record: “We got the big fun up-tempos… we got your ballads, your love songs, your sing-along’s…” It seems that with every album, Luke has upped his game and brought something new to the table, while still exemplifying his country roots and party characteristics.

There are three songs that I’ve heard that are set to be released with the album, those include his single “Crash My Party”, “What is it with you” and “That’s My Kinda Night”. Just among these three songs, we see a wide range of sounds… “Crash My Party” has the more mainstream contemporary country sound while “That’s My Kinda Night” is more on the rock side of things. I watched Luke, Dallas Davidson and Jeff Stevens perform “What is it with you” at an acoustic songwriters showcase at the Bing Lounge in Portland, OR  earlier this year and that song seemed to be more central to his country style with catchy lyrics.

Luke’s third studio album “Tailgates & Tanlines” was released in 2011 and received great success, earning double platinum. After hearing what Luke had to say about his new record, I think he can expect even greater success: “The Crash My Party album, I can honestly say that I’m positive that it’s better than Tailgates & Tanlines”. 



 *Below are the videos of "Crashing the Party: Behind the scenes of Luke Bryan’s New Album", "What is it with you" and "My Kinda Night" 


Link to "What is it with you" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUMjxuCguqU




No comments:

Post a Comment